Beatles & Food
Anyone who knows me, knows I love The Beatles. Obsessed doesn’t even begin to cover it. I’ve created my own form of Beatlemania over the years, and it has permeated into my cooking, as well! One of my friends hosted a ‘Music-Themed’ dinner party last year. The instructions were to cook up a dish that was inspired by a song, an artist, or an album!
Of course, I picked the Beatles. I decide to make a ‘Yellow Submarine’ Sandwich and a ‘Stawberry Fields’ Salad! Here are the recipes for the two items. Also, here are more photos for the Yellow Submarine’ Sandwich and ‘Strawberry Fields’ Salad.
- 4 large nectarines, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 3/4 cup Balsamic Vinigrette
- 1 (10-oz.) package gourmet mixed salad greens
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (4-oz.) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large green tomato, diced*
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (3.5-oz.) package roasted glazed pecan pieces
- 1. Toss nectarines with 1/4 cup Lemon-Poppy Seed Dressing.
- 2. Layer gourmet mixed salad greens, nectarines, strawberries, and next 4 ingredients in a large glass bowl. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 8 hours. Toss salad with remaining 1/2 cup dressing just before serving.
- *1 1/2 cups halved miniature heirloom green tomatoes may be substituted.
‘Yellow Submarine’ Sandwich
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 3 Yellow Squashes
- 1 Yellow Tomato
- Green Olive Tapenade
- 3-4 Slices Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Dijon Mustard
- Submarine Bread Loaf
- Cut veggies and saute in olive oil until soft
- Add salt, pepper, and other spices to taste
- Cut loaf in half and toast the slices on a pan
- Spread tapenade on one side and Dijon on the other
- Add slices of cheese and start vegetables
- Bake the entire loaf for 5-7 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and Serve!